I have lost count of the number of finger knits I have done- each three metre length takes half an hour, which is fine...only I need six metre lengths which is an hour and quite hard work on the hands after a while. Not only do I need these knits for the drapey bits, but I have also had to make loads for the rag rug I have made which eats up these knits like there is no tomorrow!!
The whole thing has been moved inside (from my photo shoot in the woods) so I can play around with the placement of things and see how it might look in the exhibition. It is far from finished but here is what I have so far:
I'm not entirely sure where to put this lovely piece of shibori, either hanging down or woven into something or creeping up the walls...decisions decisions...
The final finished rug- the bit missing in the middle is intentional, I didn't want it to be a squared shape so just cut a bit out (meant less work as well). What you don't see in the picture is the depth of the rug. Everyone who walks past stops to knead and touch the rug, it is like working with a whole group of cats!!