Thursday 19 May 2011

It's In The Bag (& Other Random Bits!)

So I'm sort of on an unofficial study leave now- they've taken away my desk and turned the room into a fabulous exhibition space...sort of. Today I have to go in and tape it all up, whatever that means, and then tomorrow we are painting it all white. The only issue I have with this, is I want my space green and I'm not sure if I can just paint the walls green or if I have to buy wallpaper and paint that.
Anyway, it means I've had to bring all my stuff home- no mean feat when your on the bus, carrying this:


Bits of waxed vine trailing everywhere, tripping people up etc. Although I did pity the man who was carrying four planks of wood on the bus- he got off in the middle of nowhere as well so I don't know what he was doing with them...
The Mother is hating having all this stuff lying around the house. If I took a photo of each downstairs room in the house there will be several bags, boxes, folders, piles of my art stuff blocking up the space. Still, as there is nowhere else to put it, it will have to stay there until someone buys me a shed to put it all in!!!

I'm feeling really nervous about putting up this installation. I mean, I haven't seen it all together, all hung up before as the space I was working in wasn't the space I'm going to have to exhibit it in- plus I hadn't finished it all by the time I had to take it down. But I don't know if I have got enough vines, whether they will hang well, if they will hang at all, how long they are etc. For me, there are just too many unknowns but all my friends say that it will work out so I will just have to trust them I think. It is hard getting the attention of the technicians or the teachers though as they are all so busy setting up the spaces or helping the fashion lot make complex outfits with bizarre pattern pieces and hidden messages.

So for now I'm just waiting for my space to be built and then I can crack on and get it all up and analyse it from various angles....what shall I do whilst I wait?!

I have just joined up for several more ATC swaps so once I have done them I can bore you with more photos of little cards. I am currently working on an embroidered Alphabet card with 'G is for Garden' on it. I'm going to do another one called 'H is for Home' and then it will be like Home and Garden...see?? No?? Never mind.

We've had a little visitor to our garden recently as well, he very obligingly posed for me whilst I took photos, although I think I may have blinded him more that he was already- the flash on my camera certainly blinded me! I had white squares in my eyes for ages after wards. Anyway, meet Hodgeheg the Hedgehog!

No comments:

Post a Comment