Wednesday 20 July 2011

My Birthday!

Yesterday was my 19th birthday and the sun shone for most of the day despite the dire weather beforehand and gloomy forecasts. I had a really good time and sold a piece of my artwork into the bargain!

 
You may remember the bowl I made for the Lewes exhibition a few weeks ago. The exhibition itself was mostly made up of paintings, although there were some very sweet abstract giraffes made out of scaffolding pipes that I quite liked. My piece was definitely on its own in the sculptured textiles department though and didn't sell in the show.

 
However, when some of my friends came over for a party yesterday they loved the bowl and bought it for £15! Maybe I really should start up a business...might need some more water soluble fabric though- and threads are so expensive at the moment!!

One of my favourite presents was handmade by my Mum and was made up of 4 ATCs (I know I said this blog wasn't going to be about ATCs but never mind. If you want to see them in more detail, along with 6 other cards I got yesterday, then make your way to my second blog... Beth's ATCs).


No comments:

Post a Comment