Sunday 1 April 2012

A Special Secret Project

A few weeks ago I mentioned on my Mother's Day post about a special secret project I was working on. I can now reveal the end result of this project as....


A blanket for my Mum!

It's only a little one but I think she liked it- not sure how many colours I put in it in the end, around 12 I think- see if you can count them for me. It was meant to be an 'odds and ends' blanket, finishing up the colours I had been using on previous projects but it kept expanding so by the time I finished it I had more wool in my bag than when I started!!!

It began with my making 56 squares!!!! Sounds a lot but there was a kind of system- I would crochet a random coloured square, then make it's opposite (so whatever colour is on the outside of the first square would be my beginning one for the second). It created quite a good game to play; I tried it out on the flatmates when I was finished and it turned into a weird version of Twister with everyone finding the opposites and arms and legs flailing everywhere.


Once the squares were all made I sat down and thought about placement...


Then numbered them all so I would remember where I had put them...


Then stitched them all together...


And added the edging.


No comments:

Post a Comment