Friday 18 May 2012

Sleeping Beauties

Afternoon All!!! How is everybody? Doing well despite the severe lack of sun? Well wrap up warm my friends, it is about to get even chillier as I tell you about my final project for year one of university- 'Sleeping Beauties'. Now you have heard about this project when it was first described as Innovative Thinking, and since then it has evolved to form the beginning for a drawing project and the Mixed Media roundabout. We are now returning to the initial inspirations and this involves a concept book and two presentation boards! Luckily I didn't have to do any drawing for this bit, but I do have to stand in front of a large group of people with said boards and talk about my theme- not looking forwards to that!
The book I have already shown you (see the link above) but I thought I would share my boards with you.
The first one is inspirational images, my colour palette and title...

 The colours names, from left to right, are: Sugar Crystal Blue, Mint Crystal, Jack Frost, Frozen Dew, Winter Sun and Thistle. Pretentious I know, but people seem to like that.

The second board- which was knocked out today (I am on a roll!!) shows some materials I could use, mainly paper on there, but also some hessian, netting and some heavy woven fabric with a nice texture, the idea being that there is a contrast of delicacy and hard stiffness between the frosting and the plant itself. Plus as the plants are all reasonably dead- they feel papery!!


So wish me luck for the presentation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment