Monday 22 April 2013

The Norman Castle


It was such a beautiful day on Saturday that I decided to go for a stroll into town and then head towards Castle Gardens on the way back.
I was too late to see the beautiful crocus display that I photographed this time last year, but the other flowers were pretty impressive too!





Loved these blossom trees! So beautiful!








 


I walked from one end of the park to the other (it is only little so only took five minutes) and then decided to head back to the blossom trees and find a bench to sit and eat a highly tasty morsel I bought at the European pop up fair in town.


A flake and fudge chocolate bar- it was delicious!! Although too much was rather sickly.


Whilst sitting on my bench, listening to the birds and sunning myself in the almost hot sunshine, I noticed a little section of the park I have never been to or even seen before! A Norman Castle!!

 
Or at least the mound that has been left behind. The actual castle has been robbed or taken away so there is only a grassy hill. I climbed it anyway.
 





I decided it was time to head home when the sky started looking more like this!! How quickly the weather can change.


No comments:

Post a Comment