Saturday 29 June 2013

Flaming June


Hi Everyone! How are we all? I am excited to show you this stitchy project because I think it is my favourite so far!! I gave you a teaser glimpse on Tuesday, but here is the final Ta- Dah!! Ready?

TA-DAAAH!!!!


I think what I like most about this piece is the different scales and densities in the flowers. Some of them are huge with half shaded areas, some are middling but very dense and others are just little stitches grouped together. Actually I like the text too....and the little vine-like leafy fronds....oh OK, I LOVE it all!!


So that is three of these stitched hoops now:-

My Summer of Love hoop...


My Forget Me Not hoop...


And my Flaming June hoop!!


I have actually already started another one- there are just so many ideas to get out!! Plus The Mother found a great magazine cutting with details on how to do the most beautiful stitched flowers which I might have to borrow a few ideas from.

No comments:

Post a Comment