Tuesday 22 April 2014

Saying Goodbye


So far this week has been a lot of goodbyes. Apart from my new mug that is, my new mug is a BIG hello!! How lovely is the pattern? And I am definitely all for doing more of what makes me happy (as soon as I have finished uni that is).


The family also departed back to East Sussex yesterday. The Mother hid a 'Red Cross Parcel' in my room (so well I didn't find it and she had to tell me where it was!) full of things to help get me through the last few weeks of my university degree. The final hand in of the chimney project is exactly three weeks yesterday, a highly terrifying prospect!


It was very exciting unwrapping the parcel and finding so many goodies underneath the paper!!


That should keep me going for a while I think!!!

Sadly, the other goodbye of the week was said this afternoon to our beloved Poppy. She was an elderly lady (over two years old) and had what appeared to be a rapidly growing tumour in her tummy, making it difficult for her to manoeuvre around. Poor Lucy had to make the decision to have her put down, which was the right thing to do as the tumour would only get bigger and cause even more problems for Pops, but it was a very difficult call to make and very upsetting.



She had a fab life though (after a bit of a rocky start with some previous owners) and was thoroughly spoilt by various members of two households. She is now safely buried in a new flowerpot, covered in a bed of sweet peas which she would probably have tried to eat but will now always be a reminder of her cheeky personality and sweet temperament. Rest in peace little one.


1 comment:

  1. Love all your samples Beth, what a lot of work. You will be pleased when it's all over.

    ReplyDelete