Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Day Of The Pumpkins


Afternoon All!! I am thoroughly enjoying my mid-week day off. Last night was very pleasant and relaxed- my bus arrived on time (always a good start) and the tea was on the table when I walked in. I am working on a new stitchy project which I will show you sometime soon, but when I sat down to carry on with it, I discovered a little hitch-hiker in my bag!! Cheeky little snail.


It is very depressing when you have to use the flash on your camera during the day (and apologies for the photo qualities coming up). But today is gloomy and wet, and it has been raining continuously. Ziggy is not impressed and has been forced to spend the day indoors, sleeping on my new jeans!


On my way home last night I popped into Waitrose to pick up a nice big pumpkin, and discovered munchkin pumpkins (actual name) as well! Both sizes ended up in my basket, although I don't intend to carve up the little one, it is just too cute.


This morning, after a nice mug of coffee and a fiendish fancie, I started the laborious job of emptying out my pumpkin. It really can be quite smelly and disgusting. But totally worth it in my opinion.
I stuck to a traditional pumpkin style (similar to that in 2012), unlike last year where I went a bit more avante guarde with my design.



There was only one slip of the knife this year- definitely getting better! Ooo scary!

I always try to make something with the excess pumpkin flesh. Usually it is soup of some kind, but The Mother wrinkled her nose at that suggestion so I decided it was time for something a little different. Cue the Google search!


I ended up going for the Pumpkin and Ginger Tea Loaf (recipe from here) which was a genius decision!! It is absolutely delicious!! Really moist and very gingery.



So now we are all set for Halloween- especially with The Mother's Autumnal felt wreath hanging in pride of place on the door. The photos are awful and fuzzy but hopefully you can still see the prettiness.





No comments:

Post a Comment