Wednesday 15 October 2014

Then There Was One


I'm afraid I have some sad news today chaps. This morning as I was cleaning out the hamsters I realised that little Pip had passed quietly in his sleep. He had done very well for a hamster, and lived to the grand old age of two and two months which is really very old in hammy years.


He was kind of a rescue hamster, rescued from a house in Leicester that had too many cats, all of whom were agitating the cage and stressing him out. It took a while for him to build up in confidence but soon proved to be a very sweet and gentle little thing who was much loved by lots of people.





And I can't remember if I told you about my little Milo (below), who was found half in, half out of his orange house in August. He was the youngest of my hamsters (just under two), and I had had him from 8 weeks old so it was very sad to see him go.
I still have Patrick of course, who is his usual lively self, although looking increasingly scruffy! He's going for the unkempt look apparently. Just as cute as ever though.



1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear your sad news :( Hamsters are such lovely creatures, I really want to have one of my own one day x

    ReplyDelete