Sunday 28 February 2016

Newspaper & Buttons


We are starting to get to the time of year when I wake up at the same time as the sun which leads to some very lovely morning skies. A few more days and the sun will be peeping over the tops of the trees. Be warned now, there will probably be lots of photos of this as I am mildly obsessed with colourful skies.


This week I have been working on this months ATC group projects, postcards and ATCs using newspaper and buttons as the main feature.
For the postcards I layered strips of newspaper over some batting to give a padded, slightly quilted effect. I have played with having the newspaper in different directions and slightly different colours. The red thread gives great contrast and I have added texture around the buttons with white long stitches, giving a spiky, washed  appearance.



For the ATCs I kept with the simple theme, layering batting and a patterned cotton then stitching on some newspaper petals and a button centre.



I would like to make more ATCs but things are quite quiet in the online group I am part of. Maybe I could make some of my own as spares, perhaps inspired by the lovely Daffodils blooming on the kitchen counter.



No comments:

Post a Comment