Saturday 30 April 2016

Weekend Pottering


This weekend feels like a reward. After two really quite stressful and, at times, horrible, weeks at work, with the realisation that next week will be just as stressful, today has been lovely. Exactly what a weekend should be like. I know that there is still a day and a half to go until the end but I am feeling very relaxed and calm already.


The weather has been beautiful so far and I spent the majority of the morning in the garden, sitting on the patio with my crochet summer hat on, coffee and some leftover Easter mini eggs on the side table, just basking in the sunshine. Along with Ziggy, who basks supremely well.


We have a couple of pots of pretty little daisy type flowers on the patio, and our flowerbeds are full of Tulips, Blueblls and Forget-Me-Nots.





I sat and just crocheted for about an hour, watching the Bees buzz by, the clouds scudding across the blue sky and Ziggy trying out various positions around the garden to find the best spot.



His little face looks about as happy as I felt sat in the garden. All blissed out and snoring- him, not me.



Last weekend I bought a couple of pots of purple Osteospermums to decorate our table, and as I was in the mood for a spot of gardening this afternoon, I potted them together to give them a chance to branch out. They look so pretty and bright. I am really loving the above photo- no filter used at all, just the good old supermacro camera setting and the colour of the flower. Really beautiful.


I also potted out a couple of Prayer plants which have been sitting in a jam jar of water for a couple of weeks and have now sprouted roots, and my Poinsettia which is starting to turn red again. It's an amazing transformation really. I haven't done anything to it since Christmas time, it has just sat in the same pot, occasionally getting watered when I remember, and has gone from red to green and back to red again. I'm hoping that by repotting it, it will reward me with lots more red leaves to brighten up the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment