Friday 30 September 2016

The Dreaded Dark


It has come! (Sad face.) The dreaded dark. It is now dark in the mornings when I get up for work; these photos were taken at the beginning of the week when the sun was just starting to think about arriving over the horizon, and now we have reached the end of the week, it has decided not to bother at all. Soon I will also be coming home in the dark too, which I'm sure can't be good for a person, mentally or physically.


Long Winter months are starting to stretch and loom ahead, and weekends become far more precious as they are the givers of light and the potential to soak up some Vitamin D. Last weekend I had my first trip to a posh Spa for a massage and an afternoon of gentle steaming and sauna-ing. Not sure it is entirely my cup of tea, but it was a good afternoon with some lovely friends, and topped off with a fabulous cream tea. Warmed fruit scones with clotted cream and sweet jams. Yum!


I was very excited to see a roomset package I designed and put together go into the window at work this week. It was designed to showcase a new fabric collection from Morris & Co, called Pure Morris. You may recognise some of the more famous designs (Strawberry Thief, Willow Bough, etc) which are usually flashing some rather bright contrasting colours; these have been pared back to just the pattern itself to give a more modern look. I went with a simple slot top unlined curtain in Willow Bough, some cushions in Acorn, a tablecloth in Strawberry Thief and a waterfall roman blind in a matching Sanderson Lyric silk. I'm rather chuffed with the overall appearance, it's very light and understated (hopefully).


I also finished an project for display to be showcased in our yarn section. These cute little C*******s booties!! It's perhaps a little early to be thinking of C*******s, although I have been asked by two people already if I have begun my gift list. The season has to begin early in retail though as well organised people start making the gifts and decorations about now so as to avoid a rush nearer the end.


These were a little fiddly but I think they would look cute on the little people. I made the middle size designed to warm feet aged 6-9months and you can fit a pair of booties in one hand!! So diddy. If you are interested in making your own, the pattern is a DMC Crochet pattern made in DMC Natura Cotton Yarn (Medium), called Baby Bootees.


Maybe I ought to start researching and designing gifts I can make this C*******s, there seem to be more people to make things for every year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment