Saturday 31 December 2016

Happy New Year!


Hello! A very Happy New Year's Eve to you! It is ridiculously foggy again here this morning. These photos were taken yesterday because I was so enchanted by the ice crystals covering everything, and although it hasn't been particularly icy this morning, the freezing blanket of fog remains. I am a little bit jealous of some of my fellow bloggers who were able, during this last week, to take the most beautiful photos of icy things in the morning sunshine. I thought that with my extra day off this weekend I could do the same thing, but here are my frosty, tinged with grey mist, photos for you instead!







The weather actually got worse after this photo of our back garden was taken and those houses in the distance disappeared too! The Parent's and I went for a drive to Hobbycraft (to spend our Christmas vouchers- I bought so much new gorgeousness!!) and the visibility was terrible everywhere. It was like being in an alien world.


Some of my Hobbycraft purchases included a selection of tiny little beads, some of which I have added into the sea at the bottom of my current stitchscape. They are very shiny and help to balance out the shininess at the top of the 'scape with all of the metallic threads and matching beads in the dark sky. I also bought some more DMC threads (not because I need any mind you), including some special metallic and variegated colour ones. A light blue metallic thread has also been used in the sea at the bottom but you can really only see the shine in certain lights. I am loving this piece and have just got the cliffs to add some texture to and it will be done!

All that's left for me to say is thank you for all of your support, comments, kind words, likes and shares on my Instagram and Facebook pages in 2016. It really means a lot to me to see what kind of reactions my work gets, especially these stitchscapes which are new to me this year and, I hope, will be even more successful next year. I wish each and every one of you a very prosperous and...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment