Monday 17 April 2017

Sunset Stitchscape Minis


Happy Easter Monday all! I just had to share the above photos with you- aren't those blossoms beautiful? It's a fabulous tree living in my Grandmother's back garden and is the pinkest pink! Which seems a silly thing to say but it also has a fabulous sweet smell and was attracting lots of insects which just proves how lovely it is.


But enough about my obsession over blossom trees. The real point of this post is to show you my completed Sunset Stitchscape Minis!! Ta-daaah!!


I really like these. They are very different to my previous stitchscape minis which were a bit more natural in colour. These ones have very much been inspired by the rich, fiery colours seen in the sky on my bus journeys home. I was a little worried at the beginning that the colours were too much, too bold, too vivid, but now they are finished and I've added more green to them, I'm pleased with how they have turned out.



I think I have mentioned before that these were based mostly on one sunset print fabric that I picked up at the Knitting & Stitching show at Olympia this year. I loved how the colours changed through the fabric and how each mini stitchscape bounced off of those colours, whether it be orange, yellow, pink or purple.




There are some standard things about stitching these little ones that I hope never to change- like the bullion knot flowers which totally make them. They are the piƩce de resistance!! Mwah! (kisses fingers in an Italian style and channels the inner Gino D'Acampo) Molto bella! No, seriously, I am never really quite sure if a stitchscape is going to work until the final layer goes in. For some reason, these little flowers, whether they are bullion knots or french knots, really pull the whole piece together. They add colour, texture and perspective- you could almost reach out into the landscape and pluck a bunch of the flowers to bring home to decorate your table, know what I mean?



I hope the happy feeling these sweet little stitches bring never goes away.


No comments:

Post a Comment