Tuesday 19 December 2017

Aries Glass Icicles


I have icicles! Shiny icicles. Handmade and beautiful glass icicles made by a very talented glass artist I know who trades under Aries Glass. Clive Campbell usually makes fabulous and very colourful, fused glass wall art, although also has an interest in stained glass and coloured lead light panels. He currently exhibits work at TWA alongside myself and many other artists, some of whom I have also shared on here, and there is a links page on his website where you can see where other works of art are displayed.


For a recent event held by TWA, and to raise money for their chosen charity, Hospice In The Weald, Clive made some sets of beautiful glass icicles from glass remnants in his workshop. These are fused glass and have little breaks and bubbles in them just like real icicles would! They also have blue tips and little metallic shavings on- which perhaps you wouldn't find on your average barn guttering but make these all the more special. I have seen another set he made which had wisps of white swirling around in the centre- very special!




These won't be living outside, and are already hung on my Christmas tree, but you can see how life-like they are! As well as his website, which I have linked to above, Clive also has a Facebook page which you can follow and see what he is up to (I personally really like the experimental squares- I think they'd make great coasters or framed sets of abstract pieces).



Excuse the plaster (I managed to very painfully rip my nail), but I wanted to show you the icicles approximate sizes. I don't know if he has any left, but I'm sure if you ask him nicely he could fuse a few up for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment