Sunday 14 January 2018

Beautiful Days











It's a beautiful day, if rather chilly. These clear, crisp days are ones I enjoy the most during the winter time as the light is often so wonderful- especially for taking photos in. I am only really popping in today to let you know that I will be away for a week from tomorrow in Iceland! I'm so looking forwards to it, and am currently trying to squeeze in all thermals, camera components and stitchscape projects into my hand luggage. It seems like such a good idea to not take any hold luggage and avoid the faff of checking it in and then hoping it travels on the same plane as you, then waiting at the other end for it to appear on the conveyor belt; hand luggage only is a lot quicker. You do have to be the worlds best packer to get everything in though! Roll all clothes is the best tip I can offer, and if you are packing shoes- stuff in all of your socks and small items to avoid wasting space! I think even with these tips I am still going to have to sit on my case to close it.
It's a relatively early flight out from Gatwick, but we are hoping to cram in as much as we can, and have booked to see (fingers crossed) the Northern Lights and the Golden Circle which looks beautiful from Google images. Apparently it is light from about 11am to 3pm at this time of year so I will have to take as many photos as I can during the daylight hours- except the lights, if we see any.





I should also mention that my Etsy shop will be closed this week as I will not be able to pop down to the Studio to prepare any orders. But it will reopen with the 15% discount next weekend!
I will leave you with some images of the beautiful flowers gracing the dining table at the moment, aren't they gorgeous?


No comments:

Post a Comment