Wednesday 11 July 2012

Portugal


Hello Chums!!! I'm back again! Did you miss me? I have some fabulous photos to show you! Diving straight in with my panoramic of the harbour at the top there, the colours of the houses are amazing aren't they? Loved those.
I went to Praia da Rocha in The Algarve, Portugal and boy was it hot!! We hit 36°C at one point, and probably went higher (I was too busy sitting in a lovely little cafe eating ice cream to notice). It is an incredibly touristy area though and the place was full of families and beach bums- I really liked the colours of all the beach umbrellas jostling together on the beach.




The views were spectacular!



And I could have sat underneath this archway for hours!! The colours of the flowers were incredible!

It was a bit too touristy for my liking and there were some very suspect items in the tourist shops. On the last day, however, I came across the treasure trove of shops. A veritable Aladdin's Cave!! It had a basement and was just chocca with gorgeous glass dishes, ceramic bowls, little tin cars, painted sauce pots....I could have bought the entire shop!! I managed to restrict myself to one item as I was very wary of the weight allowance and space in my suitcase, but oh what an item it is!!


 I really love this little glass dish! The pattern is simple but so pretty! All I need to do now is decide where in the house I should keep it....

2 comments:

  1. No photos of your beach bum friends?
    Going back to our body image conversation the body image posts on this blog are really worth reading http://www.alreadypretty.com/greatest-hits
    There is a big list of the most popular body image related ones mid way down the page
    Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I thought you beach bums wouldn't appreciate it, there's enough moaning when I take photos to begin with!! Thanks, I've flicked through a few of the pages, looks really interesting. Well worth further perusal I think! =D

    ReplyDelete