Sunday 14 October 2012

Birds of Prey


Hello my Lovelies!! How are we all this fine Sunday evening? I have had a reasonably busy weekend, full of shopping, crochet, gardening and photography.
Yesterday I went on a mission to town with granny trolly and shopping list in tow. There was a lovely sight in the market as the Leicester Falcon Society had brought all their birds of prey out as a money raising scheme. The tawny owls were my favourite, they were snuggled up together!




Aren't they gorgeous??

The shopping mission was to buy lots of fabric for my bug project, as well as wool for a secret Christmas present project- the only clue I will give you is this...


But sssshhh, it's a secret!

I have spent most of today outside in the garden. We had two chaps sent round by the estate agent yesterday to attack most of our greenery and this spurred us on to do a spot of gardening ourselves. So now the flowerbeds are all dug out and turned over ready for the new year, with some tulip and iris bulbs planted in the hope that they will sprout in early spring so we can see them blossom.


I even had a go at making my own cairn!



All this ripping out of greenery has resulted in HUGE yellow bags on the patio which are being collected sometime in the week. At least we have our shed back though! It was previously being used to house a rather enthusiastic budlia.

 
I will keep you updated on how our little bulbs get on- we are planning to put in daffodils and crocuses and any other pretty plants we can find so our garden should be a veritable blaze of colour in the Spring/Summer time!
I hope you have enjoyed your weekend as much as I have- I am now going to sit down for a while as I fear I have done something rather nasty to my back during the garden sesh!! Ciao! x


No comments:

Post a Comment