Wednesday 18 March 2015

Spring Sunrises


Evening everybody! I know it's been a while since my last post, I do apologise- I've been completely occupied with taking up a new job within my workplace. It all happened rather quickly as I applied one day, was interviewed a couple of days later, offered the job a few days after that and have immediately started training for it. My brain has pretty much turned to jelly with all of the new information it's trying to absorb and on top of that I've come down with some awful lurgy that has me permanently surrounded by a box of tissues, the olbas oil, paracetamol and sudafed. It feels like every channel and sinus in my head is stuffed full of cotton wool or something, horrible!!


I have been saving up some pretty photos to show you all though, last week we had some incredible sunrises that made me quite literally stop and stare in awe. This red sky one really was amazing!



Then we had a softly golden sunrise...



Followed by an even golden-er sunrise, making the tree silhouettes really stand out. I especially love this one because of the bird in the tree, can you see him?




Then there was this misty red sunrise. The sun kept popping in and out of the light clouds passing in front of it- one minute it was there, the next gone, and then it would half reappear again.



All this glorious colour in the morning is a great way to start the day and the only benefit I can see of getting up at the crack of dawn.


Today though, whilst coping with feeling like my head was about to explode at any moment, I tried distracting myself with catching up on my ATC and postcard making. This month I have to make two Spring Green postcards, three Blue and Copper ATCs and two Calling Birds ATCs. By the afternoon I had finished my postcards and this evening I finished off my Blue and Copper ATCs, so I did quite well in the end. Just two more to go.



I tried my hand at a bullion knot rose flower with a French knot centre. It looks quite cute I think, maybe I ought to stitch these more. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment