Monday 9 August 2021

Kit Photoshoot

 


I had to create some new imagery for my showcases on the @handmade_hour Instagram page and I was so chuffed with the above photo! Of course it wasn't glamorous to put together and I ended up in the passageway down the side of my house, laying out all of the hoops I could find onto my IKEA peg board, then leaning over as far as I could to get a birds eye image. Luckily no one walked around and saw me because I probably looked a little bit odd standing on one leg with my tongue sticking out in concentration, not breathing in case I wobbled. 
The circle gap has been left in the middle so that I can add text and it worked so well as a bold, eye-catching image at the front of my showcase! It's so wonderful to see all of my hoops together like this as well actually, all a jumble of landscapes, colours, textures and techniques. 


Once I was out and about with my camera and hoops though I decided to take some more photographs using the flowers and plants in my garden as backdrops. Most of these images are of kits so I've popped links to them in my shops if you would like to snag your own!


This one is still in development but it is a kit design! It's a smaller version of a rockscape kit (only 12cm) and will be called Tiger Moon. I'm thinking of adding bead sticks and drizzle stitches to this one as neither technique/stitch are currently included in my Stitchscape kits!


Emerald Isle!! The newest kit in my collection, only released last week. Available on Etsy and in my Web Shop. The colours in this make my heart sing and I'm so excited for you all to learn how to add these rocks to your pieces. This is a big meaty kit so it's a nice one to receive in the post. 



Bluebell Garden (Tape Version). Full of bullion knots for those knot lovers out there, with beads included for some sparkle and shine. This kit has so many wonderful, zesty, batik fabrics it's a joy to work with. This one is available in my Etsy shop.




Bluebell Garden (Lace Version). It's amazing the impact one little change can make on a hoop like this. The only difference between the lace version and tape version is the trimming used but it could almost be a different design entirely!! This version is available on Etsy and in my Web Shop



Mini Woollydale! A slightly more rainy day version of the bigger Woollydale with these lovely muted greens. The sheep are just as bonkers though! Available in Etsy and in the Web shop


Woollydale II! This is the bigger and brighter cousin to the Mini Woollydale, but they work so well together! I love that in this piece the batik at the bottom will completely change colour in each kit. Sometimes its almost brown, or green, or purple, or blue. Available in Etsy and in the Web Shop


Ladybug Valley! How pretty is this kit with is lovely floral meadow and busy little Ladybirds? Their wings are slightly padded with satin stitches so they pop out from the hoop in a very pleasing way. Available on Etsy and in the Web Shop


#inthehoop Spring! Currently the longest running kit in my collection this little hoop adds some beautiful pastel florals to your WIPs. Made in a 12cm hoop (included) it is nice and easy to put together and stitch up, a great project for a rainy day. Available in Etsy and in the Web Shop


Don't they look lovely together? There are more kits available in my shops (Naked Stitchscape, Stitchscape Pebbles, Fire Flower....) I mean, get a few Stitchscape kits and create your own hoop wall! Don't forget to send me photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment