Wednesday 15 June 2022

A Tale of Two Meadows


Well, now I'm torn! I have made two different card designs for the July Stitchscape Swap because I wasn't keen on the first design I came up with and completed but....now that I've cut them all out I like both of them!! What a dilemma. 
I've named them slightly differently as the ideas behind each design were different - this yellowy card is more of a further away view of a whole meadow whereas the one with close up flowers was more as if you are sitting in the meadow. A bug's eye view if you will. 


It's amazing how much the perspective of the pieces changes when you cut them out of the hoop. In the hoop they are mashed together and it's all rough edges and frayed threads but, when you separate them and tidy them up, they take on a more focused appearance. Like looking through a frame. 










It's also really pleasing to hold a handful of newly trimmed cards, fresh from the hoop and ready to go! They're just so stackable and you can play with photographing them in different ways or different lights. I was out in the golden evening sunshine for these photos which is great for handheld photos as you get the light on the cards, but not so great for lighting them when laid out on the floor. You do get gorgeous sun kissed photos like the one below though! 

So, which one would you prefer if you were in the swap? What says 'Summer Meadow' more to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment