Friday 4 November 2022

Pumpkins & Projects


It's been unseasonably warm for October and we've been out and about, pootling through daily life and our usual routines. The evenings are getting darker much earlier and I am now stitching by the light of my day-glow lamp when I can after Fin goes to bed. I think he's enjoyed the seasons changing, every time we go for a walk I usually hand him a fallen leaf to examine and feel (he does have to have a dummy in his mouth at the time though, to prevent him eating the leaf!). 
We went pumpkin picking a couple of weekends ago, a new place we hadn't visited before and was much smaller than expected. Apparently, they had lost half of their pumpkin crop to the drought we had at the end of the summer which was a shame! What they did have though was some excellent mulled wine and sausage rolls which made up for the small selection of pumpkins to choose from. 


We also had a Pumpkin special baby sensory class which Fin greatly enjoyed- lights, balloon ghosts and ghouls, projections and pumpkins. It's lovely seeing him gain confidence at baby sensory, there's a routine to the session and lots of repetition which I can carry on at home as well. Each week is something new and exciting but also familiar and comforting which means that he's happy (usually - sometimes we just have bad days with poorly timed naps and snacks!). If you're local and in need of a baby sensory class, I can highly recommend Pure Reflections Baby Classes!



We travel by bus a lot, the baby and me. Luckily, he loves it but it means we are often waiting around for a sweet time between naps and buses and I've been carrying around a small 10cm hoop in a sandwich bag with a few threads to pick up when I can. It's coming along slowly but surely!


I'm still loving the view from our balcony. As the days get shorter I'm getting more and more opportunities to rush out there to photograph sunsets. It's just a shame that the sunrise is on the other side of the house, hidden behind trees, because I would have liked a colourful start and end to the day. This blog is keeping a record of the seasons and, at the minute, everything is still fairly green in our view so I'm wondering whether there are lots of evergreens and if it will stay green all year round. 
But for now, my evenings are tucked up on the sofa with a hot chocolate and my various projects!! The ATCs for the October and November Stitchscape swap need finishing and cutting out of the hoop to freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment