Wednesday 7 December 2022

Downloadable Stitchscape ATC Booklet

 

I started writing this blog post weeks ago! And it has sat in my draft file since then as I've been so busy and forgot all about it. But this is a good opportunity to remind you of my downloadable kit booklet, which can be found here on Etsy. I have wanted to make up a booklet for my Artist Trading Cards for a while - as a guide for anyone who is unsure of what an ATC is, or the rules for sizing etc. Ideally, I would like to encourage more people to join in with the monthly Stitchscape Swap and I figured that if I could entice a few more through the writing of this booklet then all the better! 



This isn't the only way to make an Artist Trading card, this is the Dotty Textiles way and can be used as a guide rather than an absolute rule. As a fun way to ease you in to making the cards, and perhaps to help with getting you used to the scale, I have turned one of my designs into a template so that you can use your own fabrics and recreate my wildflower scene. I've also included descriptions of the stitches used on each layer, as well as instructions on how to create each stitch if needed. 


I really hope that if you are on the fence about joining in with the swap or would like to get started with a little project but don't know where to start, that this booklet might help to encourage you to take that first step. An Artist Trading Card isn't a huge commitment and, with the layering down of fabrics first, you can pick and choose which bits to stitch over so they don't need to be overly complicated. With cards this small it's often more about composition rather than filling each section with tiny stitches. (Although I appreciate I do go overboard - please don't be put off!)


The booklet is very photo heavy so it may be difficult to print all of the pages off but it will ping into your inbox shortly after purchase and you can save and open it whenever you need to. I'd love to know what you think of the booklet, it took me several days to write it all up and get it exactly right so if you do purchase it, please let me know what you think. 
If you make an ATC please do share it with me, I'd love to see! You can tag me on Instagram with @power.beth, share it to my Dotty Textiles Facebook page, or the Dotty Textiles Stitchscape Group (also on Facebook), or email me at sales@dottytextiles.com. Happy stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment