Thursday 5 January 2023

Introducing Stitchscape Swap 2023

 

We have nearly finished a whole year's worth of textile art cards. I am just waiting on a few more to arrive for the December swap (there are still postal delays holding things up) and once they have been swapped we are completely done! I will put another post up with better photos but above is my collection of cards for the year that I have made and I'm pretty pleased with them. I don't know how many people are joining in with 2023, there were several requests for more information to join and participate at the end of 2022 but we also had a few people who had been making cards either stop near the end or email to say they weren't able to continue. I really hope that we can carry on as I find it really inspiring to see what others can come up with. 

If you are part of an embroidery/textile/stitching group, perhaps you might like to pick a theme/month to join in? You don't have to sign up for the whole year - maybe a theme in your programme would fit and you could make an extra little card to send. Multiple cards can be sent at once so even if you and a friend like to get together for creative projects and wanted to send both of your cards in one envelope to save on postage I am very flexible about how the cards come in and out. I would be interested to know if it's perhaps the postage that might put people off? Would posting less during the year be better? Or doing 3 month's worth at a time? Please do let me know!

For my part I have been advertising the cards and the swap where I can. This year I have a couple of talks booked to give specifically on the swap and what we have been doing, as well as two workshops! One is a private workshop for an embroidery group and one you can book to come onto at Made & Making in Hassocks, near Brighton. The link to the workshop is here for you if you are interested. 


These are the themes for 2023 again for you, I have already made my January ones so I'll try to get cracking on my February Snowdrops later on this week - it might be a weekend job when I've got someone to look after the baby with me so that I can get out the iron and just concentrate (yes I did say get out the iron!!). I'm looking forward to swapping with you all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment