Tuesday 9 May 2023

Balcony Stitching

It has been so manic lately, the calendar has just been full every single day pretty much - and if there was an odd day off in the middle of things it was used to tidy up, do washing, catch up on admin...no creative time at all! I've been too tired in the evenings to pick up a project and most of the time we were in bed at 9pm anyway!
Last weekend the weather was lovely, and we ended up getting a takeaway as neither of us felt like cooking after travelling back from Rye for the workshop I'd done. Reece had dropped me off in the morning and helped me to set up, then took Fin for a Daddy/Son day in Hastings until I was done. Apparently the smell of fish and chips had been taunting him all day but he'd manfully resisted, until I suggested buying in dinner when we got home. It just so happens that our nearest takeaway, a 30 second walk from the front door, is a fish and chip shop! So it seemed the obvious choice.


Whilst waiting for it to arrive, I decided to set up a little chair and table on the balcony to watch the sun go down, and then decided that I deserved some me time! With the hoop I'd started the day before as a layering example, I picked out some favourite shells from the collection and started to stitch them down and add on some trimmings. 


I didn't get that far with it, and it's currently been relegated to the 'work in progress' pile but it was such a nice evening to sit and sew, then eat salty fish and chips whilst the sun sank down into a cloudy haze and the air turned slightly chilly, forcing me inside to warm my fingers up. It was a real sign of long lazy evenings to come! Hopefully anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment