Wednesday 13 December 2023

New Naked Stitchscape Kits

 

I've been selling out of a lot of kit ranges in the run up to Christmas which is absolutely fantastic! I took the opportunity to make up some new Naked Stitchscape kits with some fresh new fabric combinations and I really love these! Quite a few of them have a slightly Autumnal feel to them, presumably inspired by the season, but each has a slightly different story about it. 

If you haven't come across these kits before they were inspired several years ago by a slightly snotty lady who came up to my stall at a craft fair just as I was venturing into kit making. I had about three kits at the time; Summer Sweet, #inthehoop Spring and a Christmas mini hoop. 

"Do these all have instructions in? I'm far too advanced to be following any instructions, these are way beneath my skill level."

I was slightly affronted and felt that she was unnecessarily rude, and I've obviously taken it really personally but it has all turned out for the best because she inspired the Naked kit - a kit without instructions!


Instead, what you get in this kit is a booklet of suggestions, my go-to stitches and how to make them, ways of looking at certain types of print and suggestions of what stitches you could do over the top, and some of my developed techniques, should you wish to give them a go. There are no rules, no templates, no layering instructions. It is completely up to you what you make or how you use the items in the kit. 

A 12cm hoop is included along with a square of calico backing fabric, five strips of really lovely cotton prints, five different colours of Anchor or DMC embroidery floss (about 2 metres of each colour), a bag of mixed beads or sequins and a length of some kind of trimming (lace/fancy yarn/cord etc). 
All of them have been colour co-ordinated together so it's up to you if you work the layers in the same order that I've put them in or change them up completely. 



It's a great way to easily get a range of colours that have been put together for you and you can concentrate on the stitching part. Obviously because the booklet only has suggestions in, you can use whatever stitches you like - if you are an afficionado at gold work techniques, why not bring some of that in too? Or if you've previously only done cross stitch, perhaps pick up a pack that has a gingham/squared or even polka dot print in it and work cross stitch over those patterns to build your confidence.





I've delayed putting these in my Etsy shop so far as they have been coming around all of the craft markets and events I've been doing but I am just about the press the button on adding them to my Etsy shop now so grab one whilst you can! (Other Naked kits are also available in my website shop.)

No comments:

Post a Comment