Wednesday 25 January 2012

Bird Sketches

I have moved on from peacock feathers now into a more general area of garden birds- more specifically, English garden birds. I have a vague idea of printing the 'drab coloured' birds in the vivid colours of parrots and birds of paradise etc.
This of course, requires more drawing, and I thought you might like to see some of my sketches.






Some of them came up a bit funny in the scanner so I apologise for the random black bits down the sides and so on. I am particularly proud of my blue jay though, and the sparrow (bottom image) is becoming quite a favourite too.

My work space is looking a little bit like a wilderness with lots and lots of drawings of birds, moodboards, feathers etc. All quite exciting really. (Don't be alarmed by the scary cygnet drawing at the bottom of the photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment