Tuesday 28 February 2017

Closs & Hamblin Feature


Things have been really interesting and exciting this week so far (and it's only Tuesday!) with developing and promoting my stitchscapes. Yesterday I raced down to the printers in my lunch break and picked up nine of the most fabulous prints! I'm so chuffed with how they've turned out, the detail is brilliant and the colours superbly vibrant. There are still lots of my embroideries to photograph and edit, and I have a stack of stitchscapes to mount properly before I can even get around to the photography stage- I really must get cracking!


The second enormously exciting piece of news is that the interview I was asked to do for the Closs & Hamblin blog has been published!! You can find it by clicking here. I was quite nervous for it to be released but I think it's come out rather well, do let me know what you think. If anyone has been directed to here from there then welcome! I know I rabbit on about lots of different things; places I visit, crochet projects, flowers, cats, but if you ever want to narrow down on the posts that you see, you can whittle down to posts with specific labels, for example 'stitchscapes', by clicking on the label in the topics cloud on the right hand side.


As you can see I have started a new piece and this one is completely different from the moorland theme. For this one I wanted to revisit the sunset theme and also try something a little bit new with a winding river. I've used lots of my new fabrics that I bought with the credit from crocheting up the Cabaret shawl and I'm rather chuffed with them- especially the strange plain/not-plain fabrics. They have just slight gradients of texture which are almost like a metallic under layer, but it's so subtle you can hardly tell it's there. I shall have to go back and buy a rainbow of colours with the remaining vouchers! I haven't come up with a name for it yet either, any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment