Wednesday 21 February 2018

Brighton Beach








I had the nicest weekend. Full of sunshine and sea breezes. On Saturday I had some phone related business to take care of in Brighton which mean that I also had the opportunity to go to Fabric Land and browse the rolls of beautiful fabrics. Happily I managed to restrain myself to only the necessities (something that doesn't happen often) and purchased calico and fat quarters to add to my 'embroidery kit stash'.
Lunch was bought on the way toward the beach and I plonked myself down on the pebbles in the sunshine. It was actually warm with very little breeze and I could happily take my coat off and bask in the glow. Most of Brighton was singing as there was a football match on later that afternoon and the fans were psyching themselves up with a few beers in the seaside cafes. It was surprisingly harmonious.


I stitched a couple of stitches and finished off my snowy #inthehoop 'scape, started and finished a jig-word puzzle (I carry a book of them around with me in case of commute delays), and just sat enjoying the freshness of the air, listening to the waves crashing and hissing, and the gulls crying overhead.











Everything was so clear and bright, the sea and sky so blue. Looking at the photos you could be fooled into thinking that it was mid summer not February!
On the Sunday I travelled up to London with some friends to the Olympia Wedding Show. I have been asked to be a bridesmaid for one of my best friends (where I will have to wear a dress! Eeek. Perhaps I can wear my trademark jeans and trainers underneath?) and we all hopped on the train up to London Bridge and various tubes, squishing in amongst the sweaty Londoners and overexcited tourists. The fair itself wasn't overly brilliant (not like the Knitting & Stitching show), but the time was well spent with my lovely friends and a delicious brunch! A fab weekend all round!



No comments:

Post a Comment