Monday 10 September 2018

Studio


I've been saving up my completed stitchscapes for a little while as things have been getting slightly hectic around here. Last week was all about teaching a class at the-stitchery which was fab, and then Uckfield Carnival as I was organising the float again. This year the theme was 'The Brightest Girls Are In Girlguiding' so we went neon, glow in the dark, fluorescent, tie dye, glittery....basically anything that was bright and shiny. We pimped out our float with lights, and had a banner on either side which the girls had painted our theme title onto in fluorescent lettering and glitter (so much glitter!). Everyone looked fantastic and as it got darker, we just got better and brighter! It was a good night.
Then this week I started a new job! It's just three days a week doing admin type things, to tide me over really, but it's been exhausting trying to remember everything and get on top of it as I haven't been able to get much of a hand over from the lady who I am replacing. I am going on holiday this week so hopefully I won't forget everything I've learnt!


It was lovely to be properly back in the studio again yesterday and I pootled around for a while tidying things away and sorting things out before settling down and stretching and mounting my pieces. I tend to take lots of photos for my Instagram account during this process so sorry if my Insta followers were bombarded a little!


Poor Apricity Trees has been waiting for weeks to be properly sorted out! These photos are ones that I will edit to be used as prints and greetings cards, although I have been considering not producing prints anymore as they are not a popular product, and completely overhauling my card selection to weed out the poor sellers and try a whole new range. So much to think about!




I have also decided not to frame the pieces as I go any more and won't frame these until I have to as I just don't have the space. I have allocated a little basket on my desk and they are stacking up nicely in there. If anyone wants one of these, however, I am more than happy to frame it up for you! Just send me a message and I can give you the size details and price.


No comments:

Post a Comment