Friday 4 March 2022

Snow Capped January ATCs

 Aren't these amazing? I'm so chuffed with how many people have joined in with this swap considering it was an idea that popped into my head fairly late one evening. I really hope that as we go through the year more people join in because I get so much pleasure out of seeing everyone's ideas and work. It's really inspiring and so much fun!

These are all of the entries into the 'Snow Capped' theme for January. I love how, although several have similar ideas with the snowy mountains, they are all unique and have individual ideas in them. I would never have thought of a little snow topped bird house - so cute! The snowdrops are also really sweet and did you notice the skiing polar bear?

Little cards are almost more of a challenge than bigger pieces because you have to work to a small composition and find little pieces to fit it which can be quite fiddly. I am hoping to put together a tutorial page for how I make my ATCs but there is no right or wrong way and lots of different techniques have been used here to back the cards - I should have photographed those as well actually, maybe next time. As long as there is a firmness to the cards then the back doesn't really matter. 

I was very lucky to also be tagged in some progress shots on Instagram and Facebook, either using my Instagram handle @power.beth, or #stitchscapeswap2022 as a hashtag, or adding photos to the Dotty Textiles Stitchscape Swap Facebook group which you can join up to. It's fascinating to see the process, as well as being able to see the finished pieces!


I do have a spreadsheet going so that I can keep some kind of record of who has been sent cards by who to try and make sure that I don't keep sending people cards from the same members. It felt great to be swapping them all round, packaging them up and going off to the post box with a huge wodge of gorgeous happy post! Hopefully they'll be plopping onto door mats around the UK shortly!! I don't keep any address details on file but had a look at where everyone was from and there's representatives from Scotland, Essex, Hampshire, Devon, Cornwall, North Yorkshire, West Sussex, East Sussex....amazing! 

I hope everyone loves the ones they've been sent. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment