Sunday 18 September 2011

Bentley Wood Fair

Thank goodness the weather was OK today! Despite the gloomy predictions from the weather people. My family and I went to Bentley Wildfowl and Motor Museum to the wood fair they have every year.  It's the third year for us, and we love it! There is always something new as well as some regulars, and most of the stalls are real delights!
Although I didn't buy anything made of wood, they also have some antique 'bits and bobs' stalls and I found some lovely old local bottles from Brighton and Uckfield. My favourite one is the medicine bottle which doesn't have a flat bottom, although the Uckfield brewery bottle with its original glass stopper is also quite cute- I didn't even know Uckfield had had a brewery!!


The first time I saw bottles shaped a little like light bulbs was on Kirstie's Homemade Home, a programme my mother and I are totally addicted to!
Caution: watching the programmes (which you can do by clicking on the link) gives you a hankering to spend lots of money at auction fairs, antique markets and charity shops! Still, I really love my little bottles and will continue collecting them I think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment