Saturday 4 August 2012

Friendship Bracelets


I am going on a guide camp later this month and was asked if I would like to be in charge of a few crafting activities. Why not?? I said and bounced home to look up ideas and inspirations, finally coming across the idea of friendship bracelets. Genius plan!! The girls can make one for themselves, or to swap with their friends, or one of each!
I looked around for easy ones that I can teach youngsters, but that looked great, and came across the chevron pattern (see here and here).
Now, I am usually very good with instructions, but for this I took aaaaages to figure out what I was meant to be doing, so I am writing my own tutorial for you with full pictures (they were mostly taken late at night so please excuse my camera flash) which you can find in my side bar with the other tutorials- I'll let you know when it's finished.


..............................................................................................................................



Edit to add: I have finished the tutorial! Hopefully it all makes sense. You can find it in my left hand sidebar, or click here.


Alternatively, I found this lovely lady on youtube who was quite helpful albeit very fast! I think she has a few videos showing how to do the knots and other bits about friendship bracelets.

I'll report back on these bracelets after camp so you can see what the girls came up with!! (They'll probably know more than me!!)

1 comment: