Wednesday 25 February 2015

Pretty Things


Good morrow dear people! I am feeling rather jolly as I have not one, but TWO days off in a row! Its very exciting. I'm not sure I have adapted that well to having my weekend stretched to a day off every couple of days, fantastic though it sounds in theory. 
I have a bit of a random selection of items to show you today- starting with a very colourful make for my new iPhone (I'm getting very gadgety these days!) Having made a home for my hudl to live in, I thought I had better do the same for the phone and was inspired by one of the postcards I received in the Blues Postcard swap- you know the one with the stripy quilted background. I collected together a group of happy singing fabrics and started hand stitching the stripes to a calico background. 
When there were enough stripes to nicely cover the phone I layered it with some of the lovely bamboo batting and a piece of the pink/orange floral fabric, sewing the right sides together at the top and bottom so I would have a neat edge at the top, then machine stitching stripes for the texture and finally folding and sewing into a little pouch. It not perfect as the fabric at the opening is quite thick and I did break a needle on it! But it perfect fits my phone and is bright and cheerful. 



 I hope these photos aren't too blurry or pixelated, these ones were taken on the phone so they probably aren't great quality. I just wanted to share with you the gorgeous window display at work created by the lovely Kelly. I had a bit of a hand in this one, choosing and collecting together items for display which was great fun. It has been split into two halves- this first half was to be sexy (key word!!) purples, taupes and greys. It had to be full of throws and cushions, especially the lovely picturesque Voyage cushions.



Its really pretty!!



The second half had a more nautical theme with lots of red and blue, fishes, spots and stripes.


This is showcasing our household items (technical term) so I had to iron lots of aprons, tea towels and tablecloths the day before. Not brilliantly, so if you happen to walk past, don't scrutinise too closely.


And finally, I have had a lovely Three French Hens ATC from Pat. Quite similar to mine really, taking literally the French part and giving them little hats. Fantabulous!!


2 comments:

  1. The shop looks gorgeous and I love your new phone case:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shop looks gorgeous and I love your new phone case:)

    ReplyDelete