Saturday 5 May 2018

May Bank Holiday Weekend


What a glorious day it has been today! The weather has been beautiful, warm and sunny with just enough of a cool breeze to keep the temperature from being too scalding. I have been pootling around for most of the day, taking photos of my finished projects, cutting threads for some more of my Summer Sweet kits (I can hardly believe that I have sold so many of these!), and slicing fabrics to start putting together my Naked Stitchscape kits.


Whilst in Hobbycraft a couple of months ago, I came across these tiny little box frames and immediately fell in love with them. The inner frame is only 7.5cm (3") square so they are very sweet and just right for little weekend stitchery projects. This piece was made up last weekend and I am rather please with the abundance of detached chain stitch flowers at the bottom.



I have three more of these frames waiting to be filled with a little something, so am looking forwards to starting the next one.




The cat has been mooching around the patio in the sunshine. He loves this kind of weather and spends most of it finding different places to sleep for half an hour before dragging himself listlessly to another place and repeating the process. The best kind of days for him are when all the doors and windows are open and he can come and go as he pleases, whilst keeping an eye on all that we are getting up to in the garden. We spent a companionable hour in the garden this morning whilst I was cutting my threads with a dozing puss cat at my feet.



The garden is quite literally bursting into life. We have Alliums about to explode and bloom, Dad is cultivating Geraniums by the potful (and Chives, we have sooooo many pots of Chives!), and the garden is smothered in Spanish and English Bluebells.





I've mentioned before on here that the start of the year can be sorted into bands of colour. In early spring the garden is white and yellow with Daffodils, Primroses, Crocuses and Snowdrops, then it turns blue with Bluebells, Forget-Me-Nots, Irises, Hyacinths and Rosemary. After that things start to heat up as the big red/pink/orange Poppies come out to play, and further down the line is is just a mishmash of everything with Nasturtiums, Roses, Hydrangeas, Lilies.... beautiful.


 Sadly I do not get a three day bank holiday weekend like many others, so I am making the most of my two day weekend and have cracked open a bottle of Bucks Fizz! I intend to spend the rest of the weekend sewing and playing with fabrics and threads. My best kind of holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment