Saturday 27 April 2019

Bluebell Wood Walk


Come with me, come with me!!! Let me take you for a walk through one of my local woods which, at the present time, are absolutely stuffed to the canopy with the most gorgeously blue Bluebells!!!
We really are so lucky to have magical places like this to visit and when I went last weekend I had the woodland almost completely to myself which only seemed to add to the magic and awe of the place. Aside from the birds chirping and twigs cracking underfoot there was no sound, almost as if the trees were holding their breaths, and, as soon as I walked in along the dusty pathway, the scent of the Bluebells was almost overpowering! They aren't really a flower you think of as having a strong scent, but I think they are part of the Hyacinth family (a flower well known for its heavy perfume) and with the thousands and thousands of Bluebells crowded together I suppose the lovely smell is inevitable.


When I first arrived there it was slightly shaded under the trees as the sun was playing hard to get but after a little while the sunshine came out and I actually walked around the wood a second time, following the path carefully so as not to tread on any of the little flowers, because of the shadows and dappled patches of light that were changing the shade of blue on the woodland floor. I won't bore you silly and wax lyrical about my love of Bluebell woods (you've probably already guessed anyway) but please do scroll down for more glorious photos of the Bluebells!!























No comments:

Post a Comment