Thursday 23 April 2020

Etsy Pebbles


I had fun photographing and adding these Stitchscape Pebbles to my Etsy shop yesterday (or the day before? Days are really difficult to tell apart at the moment!!). They aren't new pebbles, some of them I've had for a while but they weren't on Etsy and have just been living in a little plastic bag waiting for a chance to shine. You may have seen them photographed before on my blog.


I had the idea, because they are so postable (they are only stuffed with toy stuffing so they barely weigh anything), that people may wish to send these to their loved ones rather than cards, or just as a way of saying hello, bringing a smile along with the happy mail. I have slightly re-designed my compliment slips and now also have a special gift compliment slip where I can hand write your messages (photo at the bottom of this post).
Amazingly, even without really advertising them, a big portion of the pebbles have already sold and are winging their way to Hong Kong and the USA among other places.




The light was so pretty whilst I was taking these photos. Imagine me, if you can, lying fully stretched out on my sitting room carpet - in front of the french doors with the sunshine streaming in (about half past four so turning slightly golden). There's a square of natural linen fabric folded on the carpet and covered in a giant rock, faux leaves and flowers, and the pebbles working it and doing their 'thang' whilst I zoom in and out on my camera lens and try different exposures and the like. It's all very glamorous.









Of course, all of the pebbles did really well and showed their best sides so I thought a group shot would be in order! They look really lovely with shards of sunlight filtering through the leaves (which don't look half bad considering they're painted fabric and plastic!).
There are still pebbles in my Etsy shop, and I have grouped some of them in terms of colour to make them easier to find. At some point I will finish a batch of large pebbles which have been patiently waiting in the hoop for me to carry on with them, and they'll get added to Etsy as well.

Did you know, you can filter my Etsy shop to make it easier to find what you are looking for? To only see the pebbles, filter the section to: Embroidered 'Pebbles'.



And this is my lovely new compliment slip especially for gift orders!! The logo is even wearing a party hat. Each pebble is posted in a turquoise organza bag, wrapped in turquoise tissue paper and with a logo sticker on the front. There are no prices on anything so no need to worry about that. Who could you send a little bit of happy mail to?


No comments:

Post a Comment