Wednesday 19 April 2023

Etsy Shop Update


I've recently had a bit of a sort through and update of my Etsy shop; adding new items, updating items, showing repackaging of items. I wanted to add in my newly framed ATC pieces which just look so sweet and grown up in their new setting, it really gives them a new lease of life and I'm super pleased with them. I have many more to be framed but I'll see how these ones go first. (Currently I'm only framing ones made in 2022 and then I'll start on the 2023 ones next year in case they are needed for the Stitchscape swap.)


Pricing is always really hard. These cards actually take many hours per card to make, and then I have hand cut the mounts and framed them myself. I reckon one card takes around 8-10 hours each which, if I were giving myself minimum wage per hour, that would now be £85-£100 per card, plus material and framing costs, listing fee costs, advertisement, any utility bill costs, packaging, postage... it's a tricky one. It then becomes more a case of, what would people actually spend(?) rather than how much my work is worth. So hopefully people will think I have priced these ones fairly. 


The colours pop I think. The lovely whitewashed wood frames are really pretty and allow the cards to just be themselves. Usually I would go for white or black frames but these are lovely with any colour and I really like the size, feel and texture of the frame and the wood. The glass can't be removed so it's been tricky to take photos without reflections on and I'll have to make sure they are really well wrapped but it's worth it.



I've started testing a new way of packaging which is clean, simple, recyclable and inexpensive. I don't have all that many greetings cards left now as it hasn't been a product that has been worth my continuing to pursue, although I might have found a good option to make a few more and update that with new Stitchscape designs. I admit it's not a priority at the moment though. 
One new pack is 'Building Stories' and, confusingly, it has three different designs in but is a pack of four! So the card on the front of the pack (sticker side) there are two of, and then one each of the other designs. They include Bartholomew's Oasthouse, Mrs Heggardy's Windmill and Lionel's Lighthouse. These three were done as a little inspired series and they all have stories here on the blog where you can find out about the characters who live in my little embroidered buildings. Just search for their names in the search bar at the top right of the page and they should pop up for you to read through. 


I have a new range of postcards in, 7 to choose from! These are being sold as a mixed pack of 4 so you will get a random selection of the above images on really nice thick card, glossy image on the front, plain on the back with lots of space for your messages. 



And, finally, in a bid to increase my recycling I have used the cut outs from my framed ATC mounts as a new way to package my pendants. Previously they were popped in organza bags but you couldn't really see the colours all that well and they were hard to actually display without contsantly taking them out of the bags. This way combines new packaging for continuity with the brown paper strip and sticker, and I've been able to wrap the ribbon around the card to secure the hoop which can now be popped onto a little stand and properly displayed. 
The remaining ones are in my Etsy shop (lots sold at the last craft fair in this new format which was really pleasing) and there are several sizes in different price points. You could chose to wear them, or even leave them propped up somewhere as a little bookcase decoration!



I had a little helper watching me as I took these photos so I popped him in my pop-up photo booth which he now fills! Such a cheeky chappy. (He hasn't made it into my shop though, this one's a keeper!) If you would like to have a look in my Etsy shop then please click here to go right to it! I also have slightly different items available in my Web shop as well which you can find here


No comments:

Post a Comment