Tuesday 28 June 2011

Lewes Exhibition Entry & Mr Rivers

 
Just thought I would let you know that I have got into the Lewes exhibition that I entered for!! I am one of 70 artists who were accepted, and apparently there were some pretty high up judges from the art world (including critics, award winners and acclaimed artists) although I don't know who they are as they will remain anonymous.
Still, it's all very exciting and will look great on my CV! Dad says that he is going to retire from his job early to become my manager and will make me work all hours making things to sell! It's probably a good thing I am going to university- give him a chance to calm down :D

I was asked to answer some questions on a form- some seemed to be quite random like:
-What were you wearing when you made this piece? (Customary jeans and t-shirt teamed with big fluffy slippers)
-What is the biggest pain about being an artist? (Lack of storage space!!!)
-What painting would you hang on your desert island palm tree? (One by my friend Mark Rivers because I love the textures, colours and paints he uses)

Yes, I've been meaning to do a post about Mark, so now seems as good a time as any- here are some close ups of his paintings...






Essentially he mixes as many forms of wet media as he can to see what happens. He also tries using different backgrounds- mainly canvases, but also varieties of paper and even aluminium sheets (as seen on the middle photograph). It's very spontaneous, experimental and just fun to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment