Tuesday 20 December 2011

Apples, Pears & Oranges

Here is another Mollie Makes make for you. Apples and Pears! My Mum has kind of become addicted to making these and I keep having to post her little wooden buttons to make them with. They are very cute though, and come from issue six of the magazine.
Her favourite is the pear- I suppose it does have quite sexy curves going on!!
She has also taken the template for the apple and slightly adapted it to make an orange- of course, just changing the colour of the fabric used will also help with that, but she has changed the top stalk section as well.
I think that she should make a whole fruit basket with bananas and plums etc, but that would mean I would have to design the pattern- I reckon plums would be quite easy as you would just have to slightly elongate the apple/orange pattern and then just use juicy purple colours. Bananas would be more difficult as each piece would have to be tailored into a curve...hmm...
Anyway, here are just a few of the fruits she has made:


They are also doubling up as homemade Christmas presents- a bit like something from Kirstie's Homemade Home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment