Friday 31 July 2015

Weekly Overview


A hot air balloon drifted past the house this evening. I would absolutely LOVE to go in one of those things. It just seems so decadent somehow, floating over people's houses, waving (though they probably can't see you) at children in the gardens, gazing out over the hills and fields, chatting to the birds as they fly past. Like a little dream world. Yep, would love to go ballooning.



I have been going a little crazy. Please don't judge me, but as long-time readers will know, I collect badges for my camp blanket...(s). Anytime I go on holiday or to a city or to an attraction, I always frantically search for fabric badges that can be stitched onto my blanket...and when that doesn't work...I go on eBay. It's very bad. A lot of these badges were mad, late night purchases when I was feeling a little sorry for myself. I even have saved sellers who often change their badge designs- it's a definite addiction. These are the ones that I have collected since the Herefordshire holiday in August last year (that I haven't stitched on already). In this photo there are 51 badges (not including the five little flames to go around the campfire. Plus I found two more badges after I took these photos!!


My Minions are a new addition to the collection!! They are so cheeky. (Bottom, tee hee.)


The garden is still booming with colour. These Marigolds are especially eye popping at the moment, especially when partnered with that electric blue Lobelia!!



My little tomato plants are getting quite big tomatoes on them now. There hasn't been enough sunshine lately though to turn them that glossy red colour, but I hope they start change colour soon!


 (By Janet)

In the post this week I have had the eight instalment of the 12 Days of Christmas ATC swap. This month it is all about 'Maid's A Milking' and the above is Janet's very colourful interpretation of the theme. I wonder how many people have gone for the 'bucket' look?
Mine are slightly late this month (tut tut) and were finished last night ready for posting tomorrow morning. I have also chosen to represent the theme with pails of milk and the yoke that was used to carry the buckets over the shoulders of sturdy Milk Maids. I also found these really cute little milk bottle buttons in my stash that were just perfect!!



No comments:

Post a Comment