Saturday 15 August 2015

Camera Photos


Morning All! I have just discovered this half finished post draft from last weekend, full of photos found on my camera from the beginning of the week that I thought I could share with you all. At the weekend our one lone bird-planted sunflower was starting to s.l.o.w.l.y, ever so s l o w l y... unfurl it's petals. It is quite a short sunflower but what it lacks in height it makes up for in leaf size. The leaves are huge!!! And it's quite, well, rounded I suppose is the word. You have to stretch to reach the flower over all of the leaves.



Dad found some tiny tiny tiny empty eggshells in the flower bed. Hopefully that means we can look forwards to lots of fledglings in the garden soon, enjoying the sunshine and shouting at their exhausted parents to bring them more food.



Yesterday evening I ate my first tomato from my first tomato plant!! The flesh was a bit spongy which I think is due to lack of really hot sunshine, but overall it was delicious and I am very chuffed. There are lots of little green tomatoes still on the vine so I have moved my plants somewhere hopefully more sunny so that they can all ripen as well.




Having said at the beginning of this post about the sunflower being very slow. This evening I came home to a brilliant smiling flower!! It is now fully open and very impressive in all it's bright, yellowy glory.


I just love all of the different textures inside a Sunflower; it is a textile designers dream really, trying to come up with ways of representing the flower in stitch or surface texture. Do you remember my stitched Sunflower, inspired last year by a similar bird-planted flower in the back garden? Or how about my Sunflower inspired ATCs? Or the Sunflower mosaic? I seem to love this plant more than I realised!!


Keep smiling little happy flower!!


No comments:

Post a Comment