Tuesday 31 March 2020

Rainbow Colouring Sheet


You may have noticed that lots of rainbows have been appearing in windows around the country. I am really enjoying looking out for them when I have to walk to the Post Office to post my orders, and I'm sure they are bringing smiles to other people's faces.
Apparently it was possibly something that has originated in Italy during the Corona outbreak and is meant to be a sign of hope and joy - schools in the UK have adopted it and lots of children have been decorating and designing their own.
This is the sort of creative bandwagon I love to jump on, so last night I drew out my own rainbow and, taking inspiration from a rainbow that Sarah from Made & Making made this week, cut small pieces of card and paper to make a collaged rainbow arch. My happy sun was then coloured in and I left my clouds mostly blank.



I am so chuffed with how this turned out!! It is now stuck in my window for all to see!

Because I am a Rainbow and Guide leader as well, I decided to turn my drawing into a colouring page for the girls in our Guiding District to enjoy. I have popped a JPEG version of this worksheet at the bottom of this blog post if you would also like to join in and colour your own - do send me a photo if you finish one. Keep smiling!





No comments:

Post a Comment