Friday 12 August 2016

Mounted


Evening All! Just popping in to say hi and show you what my little stitchscapes look like now I've stretched and mounted them over thick card. I'm not sure if I should frame them or not really, or what sort of frame would be best- I really like those box frames but they take up quite a bit of space.


I also like the contrast between the neatly turned corners and hard lines of the card under the fabric, and the loose, fraying edges of the fabric spilling over. It looked too harsh to fold and stitch them back behind so I left them to break up the severity of the square shape.
I'm currently working on my fourth stitchscape, based on a beautiful tree and lavender fields but it's not going very well at the moment, I'm a bit disenchanted and might have to start a new one whilst thinking about what to do. Ho hum, these things happen. See you soon. x


No comments:

Post a Comment