Friday 28 January 2011

Underneath Latex

If you have been reading my blog then you will know that last year I discovered the wonders of liquid latex and made a whole project on it.
 Well during my shoe project (also on a previous post) I again experimented with the latex- not sure it worked as well because it was slightly overpacked with random materials and was also quite thick. When it had partially dried though, I noticed that the underside was also very interesting. Looked almost like a marbled floor or something...

 

The latex underneath had not quite dried yet which is why there are white marks, the really dark brown stuff which appears to be inside is actually a sheet of textured paper. The lighter photo is the mark the latex left on the lid I moulded it in. I think both look equally interesting! (And the marks did rub off)

No comments:

Post a Comment