Friday 29 June 2012

New Designers


So yesterday I went to London with my friend Amy to visit a highly prestigious exhibition called New Designers. This is where the creme de la creme of graduate designers from all over the country  exhibit and sell their work, and the standard of work was completely staggering!!!
We didn't really know where to start so just took the plunge and dived in, collecting postcards and business cards of everyone we liked the look of-- which was practically everyone. There was lots of dribbling and drooling and 'I'd buy that', 'that would look fabulous in the living room' and 'if only we had lots of money....'. I came away clutching 101 postcards and 110 business cards, with a handmade button (made by me using some of the fabric one of the designers had printed herself) and a pretty sticker. I can't show you all of the cards I picked up otherwise we will be here for YEARS! But I can show you some of my favourite ones and I will link to all of their websites if I can so that you can take a closer look yourself.

Michele Rimmer                                    Ruth Foster
(the link isn't to her website, which doesn't seem to be working, but to the Art's Thread website which has a bit about her)
 

Amy Baxter
(who doesn't seem to be on the internet at all! Love love love her work though!!!)

(again not her real website which doesn't seem to be finished- the address should be emmasglass.com)

Vicky Richardson                        Miche Follano
So that was the ceramics and glass favourites- now on to the textiles, fashion and accessories!
Gemma Fernandes                                         Shayna B
 
(She is advertising using facebook, which is what I've linked to above. She also has a blog though if you prefer)
 
Lizzie Rose Hughes               Helen Whitworth
Diane Blackford                                Rebecca Ann Boden

Rebekah Marshall

Hannah Simpson                Roxana Jebreel

Louisa Knox

Jennifer Hollidge                   Julia Katherine Williams

Netanya Barber                        Nicola Flint

Claire Brookes

So there we go! Just a small selection of the AMAZING work on offer. I really recommend going to see this exhibition yourself, you will be blown away! It's not on for long though so get a move ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment