Saturday 29 June 2013

Harry Potter Studios


On Wednesday I went to the Harry Potter Studios where they filmed a lot of the movies. It was absolutely fantastic!! I loved the books and thought I knew quite a lot about the story and how they made it come alive on the screen, but it isn't until you get to the studios that you realise how much detail is in every little prop, and also how varying the scales of things are. It was quite incredible and if you are a fan of the Harry Potter stories then I really suggest you go! Fab day out. See if you can recognise any of the setups or props and what film they came from...








The Potions room was really exciting to me, rows upon rows of different shapes and sizes of glass jars!!! The photo below only shows a fraction of it!!




I tried Butterbeer (well you have to don't you?) which to my mind tastes like a cross between cream soda and Pimms- with a sort of half melted ice cream on top....sounds disgusting but I liked it.







Walking into rooms filled with prosthetic heads and hands and other forms of limbs was quite creepy, especially when you get to the props that move every so often!!




Oh and I LoVeD Diagon Alley!!! The window displays were absolutely fantastic!




I think one of my favourite bits was near the end. The model of Hogwarts really takes your breath away, especially when it is 'night time' and the little lights come on in the towers. You see bits of the castle that you never knew where there!!





Do go and see it if you get a chance. It is worth every penny and the shop is pretty cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment